Yay! It’s the post you all have been waiting for. Today I’m going to share my kitchen renovation before and after post.
First, I know some of you have been holding your breath and imagining that our home renovation came to a screeching halt because the roof caved in…or something like that.
But no. We finished our major renovation in the planned six weeks and we moved into house mid-July. Since then, we’ve been working like mad men (and women and children) to unpack. And my oldest also started Kindergarten so I’ve been on that emotional roller coaster for the last month. 🙂
So, where did I leave you? Oh yes, the kitchen (or should I say the future kitchen space) looked like this.
Without further ado, here are pictures of my brand new kitchen.
The Big Kitchen Reveal
You’ll see that I painted the built-in shelves by the fireplace white to match my kitchen cabinetry.
The new coffee bar.
Do you see the swing set through the window? Now I can see the kids from the kitchen!
And my long beautiful countertop…
We are EXTREMELY happy with how everything turned out. Minus the cabinet representative who helped with the different cabinet placement and options, my husband and I picked out every single detail in our kitchen ourselves. So far, there is nothing that I would have done differently.
Here is some more information on the options that we picked out:
- Countertops: Granite in Giallo Ornamental Light
- Cabinets: Timberlake Sonoma in Linen
- Cabinet hardware: Martha Stewart Collection at Home Depot
- Flooring: Wood tile from a local discount home supply store (dark tan grout was a MUST!)
- Sink: We opted for one big tub sink in stainless steel
- Wall color: Behr Ultra Satin paint in “Toasty Gray”
- Appliances: They are all GE appliances. I bought the counter-depth fridge and dishwasher off craigslist and the microwave and stove I combined coupons and discounts to purchase new at Lowe’s.
I’ve also pulled together some great before and after pictures for you to get an idea of how much the house has transformed.
Day 1 vs. Now
A Closer View
The Family Room vs. Eat-in Kitchen Area
The Sink Area and Kitchen Work Space
The Kitchen Office Space vs. The New Coffee Bar
What’s still on our to-do list? Well, we still want to pick out a backsplash and update the fireplace mantel. It would be nice to have everything 100% complete, but our back and our wallets need a break. We hope to have everything finished within the next year. 🙂
There you have it! It was a true labor of love and we’re so happy to say that it’s (for the most part) DONE!
What do you think?
UPDATE: We sold our fixer upper! See more before and after pictures here.