I love fall! Leaves, cold air, sweaters, pumpkin patches and apple picking.
But since I live in Florida, instead of my home state of Connecticut, I always try to create a fall space in my home. (A space nice enough to help me ignore the 80 and 90 degree weather outside!) My favorite fall decoration style can be described as rustic. I like leaves and fresh produce and signs of a harvest.
One way I brought fall inside this season was with this DIY apple wreath from supplies at Dollar Tree.
The end result may look fancy, but this is one of the easiest wreaths that I’ve ever put together. Give it a try!
Apple Wreath Dollar Tree DIY
- 16-20 large red apples
- 2 green leave vines
- 16-60 paper clips
- 1 styrofoam circle wreath form
- Burlap ribbon (optional)
- hot glue gun
1.Cut all the leaves from the vine.
2. Flattened out one paperclip and push the paper clip through the center of an apple. (Make sure the paper clip doesn’t push through to the other side!)
3. Stick the apple on the paper clip through the styrofoam wreath. (You’ll notice that I have some leaves attached to the wreath at this point. You can add some leaves first or wait until the end to glue them on. See instructions below.)
4. Continue to push all the apples through the wreath frame until all apples are attached. Every two apples, twist the paperclips together to securely fasten the apples. This will prevent the apples from falling off and causing you frustration.
Attached a row of apples on the top rim of the frame and another row on the inside of the frame. Make sure to attach the apples in a random pattern.
5. Next, use the hot glue gun to attach the leaves between each set of apples. If the greenery you bought has pinecones or berries, hot glue those natural elements to fill the larger gaps between apples.
6. Last, if you want to hand the wreath with a burlap ribbon, go ahead and tie the ribbon around the top of the wreath.
Here is an image of the wreath hanging on our green front door. Isn’t is lovely?
And a little closer…
And a little farther away…